Friday, June 27, 2008

Greetings fellow Network of Love Lovers!

I feel kind of guilty that I have abandoned the blog for this entire week. Though I have been busy, I've also been a bit lazy when it comes to the Network of Love. I will make an honest effort to provide posts at least several times a week. It helps me to stay focused, writing and observant in my day to day activity. And I pray that, for those of you who take time out of your day to read this blog, you can find something in my jumble of words that is ponderable and meaningful. If not my words, then maybe the ones I share from other, more wise sources. First and foremost, I hope that the Network of Love inspires you to continue to spread love to the people you meet and the people you already know you love.

Here is a short prayer I wrote in my journal a few days ago. A preliminary warning: It might be a little rough around the edges, but I think the inspiration for writing these words was sincere.


Lord, you know my heart
You hear my aches and pains.
Help me to shatter any chains of oppression that weigh me down
Help me to cut the chains of oppression I see
wrapped around the hands and feet of my friends, my enemies;
those I love, those I don't think I can stand.
Help me to stand everyone
to stand for everyone
to stand for Goodness and justice
to have an indelible, unshakable
moldable but not brakable faith in sisters and brothers
Faith in light, in God, faith in Christ.

May I walk the path that is impossible to turn back...the walk of Sincere Discipleship
May I long for fellowship
Seek opportunities to serve
Moments, people, places to fall in love with.
Most importantly, may I move with the Good, Holy, foundational, motivational Spirit.
Amen.


peace and blessings.

with love,

your friend bob.

No comments: