Thursday, May 7, 2009

Urban Church Gardening

Greetings fellow Network of Love Lovers!

I find myself in St. Louis visiting a wonderful parish called St. Elizabeth the Mother of John the Baptist http://www.archstl.org/semoj/. The pastor, Fr. Jeff, has welcomed me into the community, keeping me busy helping out at the school and getting aquintated with some of the various ministries of the church. This morning I helped the eighth grade class do some gardening with "Mr. Steve," (though he prefers to be called Stephen). Stephen is an urban farmer who co-operates Natural Roots http://www.newrootsurbanfarm.org/ an urban farm a few miles from St. Elizabeth. Fr. Jeff asked Stephen to come and help plant a garden at the church; St. Elizabeth now has a garden to call their own, a little urban garden!

More to be said about the experience in St. Louis...I'm enjoying my stay very much but I am also looking forward to running a marathon in Lake Geneva on Saturday morning! And then...I return to El Salvador, a country I visited and wrote about on this blog last May. I can't wait to continue to journey onward, to continue to seek God in the people and places I visit.

I hope you all are enjoying your May and that PEACE prevails.

peace and blessings,

with love,

your friend bob : )

No comments: